Introduction to IBM DOORS 9.7 (IBM Rational DOORS training)
Master Requirements Management with IBM DOORS 9.7
Overview - Introduction to IBM DOORS 9.7 (IBM Rational DOORS training)
This course is designed for new users of IBM DOORS. It introduces the basic concepts and functions of IBM DOORS. It includes hands-on exercises in which users learn to create, edit, manipulate, analyze and request data in IBM DOORS.
This course teaches how to define, elaborate, organise, and requirements data in IBM Rational DOORS, as well as managing the traceability between various levels and types of requirements.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to work with IBM DOORS 9.7 and use the key features of the solution. This one-day course is the essence of knowledge about the basics of working with IBM DOORS. The training will allow participants to quickly get started working with the tool, so that the main needs and expectations related to requirements management can be addressed in ongoing projects.
Duration: 1 day (8 hours)
Type: Instructor-led Classroom (workshop)
Location: Remote or On-site
Audience: This basic course is for new IBM DOORS users.
Prerequisites: There are no prerequisites for this course.
Outline - Introduction to IBM DOORS 9.7 (IBM Rational DOORS training)
Navigate an IBM DOORS Database
Log in to a Rational DOORS database.
Navigate the database hierarchy.
Configure the Rational DOORS Explorer display options.
Demonstrate the use of Favorites
Open a formal module
Navigate through a formal module
Use basic display controls to control layout
Edit existing information.
Apply rich text formatting.
Perform spelling and grammar checks on entered information.
Create, move, and delete data in an IBM® Rational® DOORS® module.
Identify and implement hierarchical data structures in a Rational DOORS document.
Capturing Additional Information
Use attributes to capture additional information about objects.
Use columns to view information about objects.
Change attribute values.
Working with Microsoft Word Documents
Describe the effect of Microsoft Word paragraph styles on a Rational DOORS export.
Identify and correct paragraph style problems in Microsoft Word in preparation for an export to Rational DOORS.
Export a document from Microsoft Word to Rational DOORS.
Generate a document from Rational DOORS using the Document Generation capability.
Working with Microsoft Word Documents
Locate information in a database.
Locate information in a document or module.
Replace located data.
Go directly to a specific object or section.
Manipulating the Display
Create a simple filter to select information that meets a single criterion.
Save and manage views to apply filter conditions.
Generate a document that displays filtered attributes
Describe the purpose of traceability.
Link objects together to create traceability.
Delete links between objects to correct traceability.
Use traceability to analyze the impact of a changed requirement or failed test.
Use the traceability links to navigate to different levels of information.
Create a column containing information about linked data.
Create an advanced filter that uses multiple selection criteria.
Inserting Information in Other Formats
Insert information in a non-native format (OLE).
Edit OLE objects.
Create a new discussion thread against an object.
Close and re-open a discussion thread that you have started.
Benefits of completing the training Introduction to IBM DOORS 9.7 (IBM Rational DOORS)
Participating in Introduction to IBM DOORS 9.7 (IBM Rational DOORS training) training can offer several benefits, depending on your role and organisational needs. Here are some potential advantages:
- Gain a foundational understanding of IBM DOORS 9.7, a leading requirements management tool, providing the basis for effective usage in projects.
- Learn how to efficiently capture, document, and manage requirements using DOORS, ensuring clarity, traceability, and consistency throughout the project lifecycle.
- Understand the principles of traceability within DOORS, enabling you to establish and manage traceability links between different project artifacts, such as requirements, designs, and test cases.
- Explore features that support collaborative requirements management, facilitating communication and cooperation among project stakeholders.
- Acquire skills to ensure the quality of requirements by implementing best practices for writing clear, complete, and testable requirements within DOORS.
- Learn how DOORS facilitates change management and version control for requirements, allowing for the tracking and management of changes throughout the development process.
- Gain insights into generating meaningful reports and conducting analysis within DOORS, providing valuable insights into project progress and the status of requirements.
- Familiarize yourself with the DOORS user interface, learning efficient navigation and utilization of the tool’s features to enhance productivity in requirements management.
Participating in the Introduction to IBM DOORS 9.7 training equips individuals with the essential skills needed to effectively use IBM Rational DOORS for requirements management, setting the foundation for successful project implementation.
Products and Services
related to Introduction to IBM DOORS 9.7 (IBM Rational DOORS)
Are you interested?
Please send us your contact details and we will get in touch with You