Introduction to IBM Engineering Requirements Management DOORS Next
Efficiently Manage Requirements with IBM Engineering Requirements Management DOORS Next
Overview - Introduction to IBM Engineering Requirements Management DOORS Next
This course is for new IBM Engineering Requirements Management DOORS Next users. It introduces basic and advanved IBM Engineering Requirements Management DOORS Next concepts and functionality. It includes hands-on exercises that teach users to create, edit, manipulate, and analyze requirements data in IBM Engineering Requirements DOORS Next.
Duration: 2 day (16 hours)
Type: Instructor-led Classroom (workshop)
Location: Remote or On-site
Audience: This course is for new IBM Engineering Requirements Management DOORS Next users.
Prerequisites: There are no prerequisites for this course.
Outline - Introduction to IBM Engineering Requirements Management DOORS Next
ELM Overview and Capabilitites
ELM Features and Traceability
Introduction to DNG
Overview of ERMDN (DNG)
DNG Project areas
Navigating the DNG application
Using a dashboard
Collaboration across the lifecycle
The Engineering solution for ELM
ELM products, applications and capabilities
Collaboration and work items
Rich hovers and comments
Release and iteration planning
Gaps and managing impact
IBM Engineering reporting
Flow of information
Essentials of DNG
Basics of IBM Engineering Platform
Navigation in ELM DOORS Next
Changing Artifact Types
Filters and Folders
Modules and Artifacts
Working with sidebars
Modules as Requirement Specifications
Hierarchy in a module
Importing existing documents as modules
Hierarchy in the base artifacts
Module and Project Area Search
Visualization of dependencies
Working with Modules
Adding New Artifacts
Adding Existing Artifacts
Removing and deleting
Working with Rich-Text Artifacts
Move Copy, Edit, Delete Base Artifacts
Working with Tables and Pictures
Working with Base Artifacts
Rich-Text artifact templates
Working with Collections
Base vs Module Artifact links
Gap Analysis, Traceability Matrix
Linking to other domains (CCM, AM, QM)
Managing requirements changes
Roles and Permissions
Introduction Configuration Management
Export to PDF, WORD, Excel, ReqIF
Report Generation and statistics
Benefits of completing the training Introduction to IBM Engineering Requirements Management DOORS Next
Participating in IBM Engineering Requirements Management DOORS Next training can offer several benefits, depending on your role and organizational needs. Here are some potential advantages:
- Learn to use DOORS to efficiently capture, analyze, and manage requirements throughout the project lifecycle.
- Understand how to organize and trace requirements to ensure alignment with project goals.
- Gain insights into collaborative features within DOORS, facilitating better communication among team members.
- Learn how to work with stakeholders to gather and validate requirements effectively.
- Understand and implement traceability features in DOORS to link requirements, designs, and test cases, ensuring comprehensive coverage.
- Enhance the ability to track changes and understand the impact of modifications on various project elements.
- Streamline the requirements management process, leading to time and cost savings throughout the project lifecycle.
- Enhance your skills and expertise in requirements management, contributing to your professional development.
- Learn how to integrate DOORS with other tools and systems, maximizing its effectiveness within your organization’s existing infrastructure.
Before enrolling in any training program, it’s essential to consider your specific needs and the goals of your organization to ensure that the training aligns with your objectives.
Products and Services
related to Introduction to IBM Engineering Requirements Management DOORS Next
Are you interested?
Please send us your contact details and we will get in touch with You